The Team

The Team

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Introduction - Who we are and what we do.

Left to right- Sean, Noah, & Wyatt
     Lets start with a fact about me, I've never read a blog, EVER. My name is Sean Koeller and I race dirtbikes; thats about as basic as it gets. I'm 26 years old and have been living this life since I can remember, sitting in the backseat of a van playing gameboy as my parents drove across the United States so my dad could chase his passion and race dirtbikes. Fast forward a few decades and you've landed in 2017, our second year racing our sports most prestigious enduro series, the NEPG. While most of you who stumbled across my blog are probably familiar with dirtbikes, offroad racing, and maybe enduros basically all they are is a long dirtbike race (approx. 60 miles) through various terrain. We race in the woods; through streams, fields, mountains, sand, whatever you can think of while we are timed through different length sections and the lowest time wins. Got it? Good.
     The next thing I should probably tell you is that I do these races with my family, 3 cousins specifically. My dad, Eric, is our driver, mechanic, cook, DJ, and bank. He still races locally in the 55+ Expert class after racing his whole life and accomplishing a great deal, including racing our sports "olympics", the ISDE, once in 1994 in Tulsa, Oklahoma and a second time in 1996 in Finland. He also started our family business with his brother; Town & Country Cycle Center, a motorcycle dealership thats been going strong for 30+ years. Are you starting to see a pattern here? We eat, sleep, and breath this sport everyday whether we like it or not. I, myself, race the AA/Expert class which is in layman's terms the Pro 2 class. The best of the best race the "Pro" class, the guys who do this as a job, and we are the best of the rest. This is my second year racing offroad again after racing motocross for a few years until a back injury caused me to change disciplines. Tommy, the oldest of the 3 brothers, is 34 and an engineer for a lock and latch company in Pennsylvania. Tom is here for the experience and we love having him on board for the trip. He races the 30+ Expert class and while he might not be in contention for wins he definitely wins the moral award, keeping us all lighthearted. Noah is the next, 19 years old and racing the 200 Expert class, this is his first year in the A class after racing the national enduros in the 200 Amateur class last year and scoring 3rd for the year. Lastly is Wyatt, just 18 years old he is racing as many of the nationals as his mom will let and has great potential while racing the 200 Amateur class after spending last year racking up wins and great rides in the 200 Novice class. 
     Those are the basics about us and what were doing here. Along the way you will hopefully get to know us better and get to read along with all our experiences. This blog will primarily be about us racing the nationals but we might pop in with a local race or a general post about nothing, or whatever it is people actually put in blogs. If I'm doing this wrong let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment